Friday, February 19, 2010

And it's a great way to stay in shape...

song now: King Fire Goat live (5.13.02)




Some more good stuff to check out here for the heavy fan!

***


I'm currently checking out the live set by King Fire Goat. Side project of Fistula, so you know what to expect. Pretty heavy stuff here and for one song it clocks in at a not-too-shabby 33:37. I'm not sure what it is with people who like this kind of music and the film Gummo, but on more than one occassion have I heard samples of the film used in songs from this genre. I, for one, really like Gummo. I know it's a fucked up film in some ways and I don't like the part about the cats, but it is, after all, a movie, so that makes me feel better. Also, it takes place in Ohio, so I may be biased. Anyhow, this one should be turned up to 11. Enjoy...


***

This video looks really good. It's not brand new but for some reason I am just now hearing about it.


***

What the hell is wrong with people? Someone flew a plane into a government building today because he was upset with IRS. Yeah, that sounds like the best course of action. Innocent people were hurt because of his ignorance and selfishness. Also some more 'good news' from the new governor in Virginia. Apparently he removed gays and lesbians from the 'classes' of people that are not allowed to be discriminated against in the workplace. This is not good news at all and there seems to be more devolving going on in that state. Short article here about it.

***



Freight of the Day (classic ZINE)

No comments: