Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Glibness inspired by futility

Listening to: Wasteland by Destinio Entierro


***



I have found another band that has that sound that's rather hard to get tired of. I have been playing their live album for the better part of a week or something and still don't want to turn it off, but I guess I shouldn't overdo it because I don't want it to get old. The band is called Egypt and they are from Fargo, ND. The best description, music-wise that I can give them is Gas Giant meets Buffalo. Heavy bluesy stoner rock that's not harsh. Not to say that I dislike harsh music by ANY means. It's great music to listen to while barreling down a country road in the summer and it even functions well for long drives and background music. I highly recommend this for anyone who likes good music.

***



***

Freight of the Day

No comments: